At R21 Fitness (the “Company”), we understand that how we collect, use, disclose and protect your information is important to you.
References to ‘we’, ‘our’ and ‘us’ means the Company.
Information we collect about you
Depending on the circumstances, in the course of providing a service to you, the Company may collect and hold personal information such as:
- your name, date of birth, gender, postal address, telephone number, email address, passport details, medical information (where applicable);
- details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries; and
- any additional information relating to you that you or a third party has provided to us directly or indirectly.
Information that we collect (such as about your health or religion) may be considered “sensitive information” under the Privacy Act. We collect it to provide you with our services, cater to your needs or act in your interest, and we are only prepared to accept sensitive information on the condition that we have your consent.
How do we collect personal information?
You may volunteer this information when you request information from us, contact us (and vice versa), purchase a product via our website, register interest for and/or enter a competition, connect with us via social media, by speaking to a consultant over the phone or emails.
We will update your information whenever we can to keep it current, accurate and complete.
Why do we collect, use, hold and disclose your information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide the best possible quality of customer service.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your information for the following purposes:
- administering services we are providing to you
- manage our relationship with you,
- fulfil an order of yours,
- combining information collected from you at different times for the purpose of research and analysis to provide a better customer experience, including customising online content for you
- to identify and tell you about services we think you may be interested in, including sending email newsletters or sending printed materials to your postal address
- providing relevant information, which may include sensitive personal information, to insurers, their agents and medical staff in circumstances where we/they need to act on your behalf or in the interest of passengers or in an emergency.
- for identification of fraud or error or for regulatory reporting and compliance
We are only permitted to store your personal information for as long as necessary having regard to the purposes for which it was collected or a related or ancillary purpose. We may therefore delete your personal information after a reasonable period of time and, if you have not used our services for some time, you may have to re-supply your personal information to us.
Who do we disclose your information to?
We may disclose your personal information as follows:
- We may share your personal information inside the Company for the purposes of providing products or services to you, research and marketing purposes. Any marketing purposes will be conducted in accordance with our ‘Marketing and Privacy’ statement below.
- We may disclose your personal information to our employees, contractors or third party service providers located in Australia or overseas for the purposes of the operation of our business, fulfilling requests by you.
- We may disclose your personal information to external parties for research purposes and to identify other services you may be interested in, in accordance with our ‘Marketing and Privacy’ statement below.
- We may share aggregated non-personal information with third parties to analyse trends and further improve our service to you.
- We may share information with third parties in limited circumstances without your consent where we reasonably believe the disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a threat to life, health or safety, or for certain action to be undertaken by an enforcement body (e.g. prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution or punishment of criminal offences), where disclosure is authorised or required by law or disclosure is otherwise permitted by applicable privacy laws.
Security of Information
The Company has implemented various physical, electronic and managerial security procedures in order to protect personal information from loss and misuse, and from unauthorised access, modification, disclosure and interference. The Company regularly reviews security and encryption technologies and will strive to protect your personal information as fully as we protect our own confidential information.
Whilst we take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is secure, as the internet is inherently insecure, any personal information or other information you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
- we may not be able to provide the requested products or services to you, either to the same standard or at all;
- we may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want, including information about discounts, sales or special promotions; or
How do I access and correct my personal information?
You can enquire about the personal information we hold about you by using the contact details below. We will need to verify your identity before disclosing personal information. Please allow up to 10 business days for us to process your request, however, we will endeavour to deal with your request sooner.
You can ask us to update any inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date information we hold about you using the contact details below. There is no fee to make an enquiry or request in relation to your information, or for us to add to, correct or update our records.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
Marketing and privacy
We may from time to time use your personal information to identify new or existing products that we believe may be of interest to you. We may communicate this via email, phone or your postal address. If you no longer wish to receive these updates via email, you may opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe link contained in the message. You can contact us using the contact details below to opt-out of receiving phone and postal updates. You can opt-in in the future if you wish to receive these updates again.
We comply with the Spam Act 2003 and do not share, sell or rent information to any third parties for the purposes of direct marketing.
Lodging a complaint
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it.
We request that complaints about breaches of privacy be made in writing, so we can be sure about the details of the complaint. We will attempt to confirm as appropriate and necessary with you your understanding of the conduct relevant to the complaint and what you expect as an outcome.
After we have completed our enquiries, we will contact you, usually in writing, to advise the outcome and invite a response to our conclusions about the complaint. If we receive a response from you, we will assess it and advise if we have changed our view.
You can contact us by:
- calling us on 0426 206 464
- emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- by post to Privacy Officer, R21fitness Returns. PO Box 702, Maroubra NSW 2035, Australia
Our Privacy Officer will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your query or complaint is resolved in a timely and appropriate manner.