SWIMMING COACH RAQUEL
Raquel Holgado is a qualified and highly motivated personal trainer, fitness coach, swimming Australia coach and running coach. Raquel is qualified in Australia and Spain.
Raquel has been swimming since she was 4. She swims in open water, outdoor ocean rock pools or outdoor swimming pools. She does triathlons, runs marathons and completes swimming events all over the world. She coaches all swimming levels, from beginners learning to swim to advance swimmers who want to improve their swimming technique or prepare for a competition or long swims.
Raquel is a Member of AUSTSWIM Swimming Australia, Fitness Australia, Triathlon Australia & Athletics Australia.
20% off with ORCA Australia, swimming products, for Raquel´s clients.
Specific Swimming Qualifications:
AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety, Sydney, Australia
Swimming Instructor, Spain
Water Lifesaving, Spain
Endurance Sports Certificate, Spain
Certificate IV (Personal Trainer) Fitness Australia
*More qualifications on Home Page.
Raquel´s best swimming achievement:
9-km swim:Lake Burley Griffin long swim in Canberra, Australia. (Race time 3:10:53)
Swimming Options (Groups or Private):
*Option 1 – Group Swimming Sessions – 40 minute session*
SWIMMING SESSIONS MONDAYS & WEDNESDAYS (2022)
Weekly group swimming sessions to improve your swimming skills, your fitness and build confidence, efficiency and distance.
The programs include swimming improvement, training, drills, intervals, stroke coordination, breathing improvement and many more specific and useful exercises to help you to become a better swimmer.
Join a swimming program and develop your swimming technique, build efficiency and distance!
Raquel swimming at Coogee Beach, Sydney + 10 swimming tips – WATCH VIDEO
Raquel swimming at The London Sky Pool at The Embassy Gardens – WATCH VIDEO
AVAILABLE PROGRAMS: (2022/2023) JOIN ANYTIME!
GROUP 1 – Clovelly NSW 2031
GROUP 2 – Clovelly NSW 2031
FEES: $320 – 10-swim package / $290 – 8-swim package / $200 – 5-swim package/ $120 – 3-swim package
*All of the swimming packages include a FREE R21 swimmin cap.
NEW CLIENT OFFER – ADD ONLY $40 EXTRA TO YOUR PACKAGE AND GET THE R21 SWIMMING PACK ($75 VALUE) – SEE HERE
*Sessions and packages valid until the end of the purchased programs. Sessions don´t accumulate for new programs.
*OPTION 2 – Private Swimming Sessions – 30 minute session*
$110 NEW CLIENT OFFER – SAVE $35: 1 lesson ($85 VALUE) + R21 Swimming goggles ($45 VALUE) + R21 Swimming cap ($15 VALUE)
1 person – $85 a single training session or $75 x 3-package lesson ($225).
2 people – $60 each ($120) or $50 each if upfront payment for 3 lessons ($300).
*OPTION 3. Swimming Technique Online Coaching*
STEP 1 – Video Feedback – $150 for 3 corrections + $40 per extra correction – Provide Raquel your swimming video and she will analyse your swimming technique and provide feedback with corrections for you to follow.
STEP 2 – Video Review – $80 – Optional: every time you would like to have new feedback to track your progress you would apply for this fee.
To see more details and programs CLICK HERE
Raquel´s 10 Swimming Tips:
- Head and body position – Face down. Your head directs the rest of your body so that will keep your body straight (less resistance).
- Breathing – Inhale outside of the water (mouth) and bring the oxygen to your lungs (not only to your throat). Then exhale inside of the water (80% mouth 20% nose).
- Breathing – Don´t hold the air in your mouth, breathe out continuously.
- Fingers – Not too close to each other and not too far part. Enough to relax and create a kind of net so you have more power to move more water.
- Arm – Stretch your arms forward and far from your shoulders every stroke and don’t cross the midline. Then a full range of arm movement every single stroke.
- Back – Use big upper body muscles instead of smaller ones. Use your back strength for your arm strokes so that you have bigger muscles working and supporting your swim so you won’t get tired easily.
- Legs – Don’t bend your knees while kicking. Have your legs straight and kick from hips, not from knees. Use glut strength.
- Feet – Extend feet and point toes
- Long swims – Increase time and distances progressively to avoid injuries.
- Hydration – Remember to drink water when you swim, you are in the water but you are exercising.
Do what you love and love what you do
What Our Clients Are Saying
“Raquel is a fun, enthusiastic and passionate trainer who pushes me to achieve my best every session without being ‘pushy’. I have been doing group training with Raquel for years and am constantly impressed by her ability to ensure each session is tailored to every individual’s needs, no matter their level of fitness or ability”
“We’ve been training with Raquel for more than 2 years. Although it’s a group class she gives each of us one on one attention and feedback according to our individual fitness level. We have all improved our health and fitness levels. We really enjoy training with Raquel.".
“Raquel made a big change in my life. Her perseverance, sports knowledge, punctuality and people skills in her career have built up a fantastic trainer that can help people at any age or with any ability gain their confidence and spirit back and reach their dream objectives."
“We have been training with Raquel for more than 1 year. She is a fantastic personal trainer. She is very knowledgeable and customizes her workouts to suit our personal goals. It is a pleasure working with Raquel as she is personable and friendly. She is definitely highly recommended. "
“I have been training with Raquel for more than a year and have loved every moment. I find being able to train at such a young age allows me to get in extra exercise for the week. Raquel is so lovely, encouraging, supportive and has helped me to become fitter and healthier."